Designed to maximize productivity while minimizing bulk, the Tandem 400 is ideal for simultaneous machining operations, either in two phases or of two different workpieces, for parts sized up to 400mm. Micrometric precision is guaranteed by Famar’s patent-protected bedframe. Made of ERW steel with closed-loop stabilization and filled with a special polymer concrete, the bedframe lends extreme rigidity and stability to the machine, while extensively absorbing the vibrations produced by machining operations—thus guaranteeing the ease and precision of dry machining as well.
- Automatic loading/unloading of workpieces by the pick-up spindle, making every machine autonomous.
- Perfect stability and micrometric precision thanks to Famar’s patent-protected bedframe.
- Minimal loading/unloading times thanks to extremely short strokes.
- A variety of operations can be performed on a single machine: turning, drilling, milling, internal and external grinding, and hobbing.
- Mechanical balancing of the Z-axis ensures perfect stability and reactivity during the vertical movement of the spindle, guaranteeing high-quality machining of soft and tempered metals and longer tool life.
- The design of the work area and the pick-up spindle ensures that swarf and filings fall away freely.
- A steel guard shields the work area to prevent swarf and filings interfering with loading or causing wear and tear to machine components.
- Thermal stabilization of the spindle and turret.
- Optimized ergonomic design and ease of access for routine maintenance and repair works.
- Broad range of automation systems designed to meet your needs.